- Structural breakstem rivet.
- Stem mechanically locked into body.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Multi-grip capability.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- Good sheet take-up performance.
- Visible lock for quick and easy inspection.
- Excellent hole fill via rapidly expanded body.
- Wide choice of installation tools.
- One fastener can be used to replace several standard grip fasteners.
- Reduced fastener inventory and simpler stock control.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted, or misaligned holes.
- Can stop sheet movement in non-standard holes.
- Large gap closing capability.
- Provides very strong, vibration-resistant joints.
- No damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 4.8mm, 6.4mm and 10 mm (3/16″, ¼” and 3/8″)
- Materials: Aluminum alloy, steel, and stainless steel 304Cu grade / A2 and 316 grade / A4
- Headforms: Protruding and countersunk
|Stainless Steel 304Cu / A2
Stainless Steel 316 / A4*
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
*Why 316 Grade / A4 Stainless Steel?
range has now been extended through the addition of a 316 Grade / A4 stainless steel Monobolt®
suitable for applications in marine and hostile environments where 304Cu Grade / A2 stainless steel Monobolt®
may not be the most suitable solution.
316 Grade has a higher nickel content than other alloys and contains molybdenum. The molybdenum allows the material to deliver enhanced corrosion resistance particularly to pitting and crevice corrosion. Additionally this alloy lends itself to both forming and welding without excessive cracking. For this reason, it is particularly good for assemblies in marine and hostile environments.