Avdel Squaresert (Nutsert SQ)
- Improves torque-to-turn by up to 350% in sheet metal compared to round-body inserts.
- Increases punch life compared to hexagonal geometries.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Superior pull-out performance.
- Can be used for very thin sheet materials from 0.50mm (0.02″).
- Provide a female thread-in application.
- Can be installed in pre-coated or post-painted applications without damaging the surface.
- Clamp two or more sheets.
- Various platings available to increase corrosion resistance.
- Large-flange head provides a load-bearing surface and reinforces the hole to prevent push-out.
- Can be used as a spacer and can be supplied with an underhead seal.
- Assembly applications where the Squaresert® is used include automotive body mountings, electrical enclosures, soft sheet metal, plastics & composites, domestic appliances, and general light fabrication.
- Thread Sizes: M5-M8
- Material: Steel
- Finishes: Zinc plated and clear trivalent passivated
- Headform: Large flange
- Hole Size: Metric
A steel insert with a square body – the Squareset® provides very high torque-to-turn and pull-out performance in all materials. The square section and bore improves torque-to-turn by up to 350% in sheet metal compared to round-body inserts. It also Increases punch life compared to hexagonal geometries.
The Squaresert® has a large flange to increase the load bearing surface, allowing it to be used in thin sheet materials.
The Squareset® can be used with hand tools, pneumatic tools, and fully automated machines to suit a wide range of assembly methods.