- Internally tapered bore ensures consistent light clamp to reduce potential damage to soft or brittle materials.
- The light clamp makes it ideal for use as a pivot pin or hose tail.
- Expands radially during installation to ensure maximum hole fill.
- Lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivets.
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high-speed assembly.
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Popular assembly applications include automotive, electronic component, sheet metal, electrical engineering, injection molded components, switchgear, domestic appliance, and light fabrication.
- Sizes: 2.4mm to 6.4mm (3/32″ to ¼”)
- Materials: Aluminum alloy, steel, brass, nickel-plated brass, and tin-plated brass*
- Headform: Dome/mushroom and countersunk
|CHOBERT® – SERIES|
– electro tin plated*
– nickel plated
* Avdel® recommends tin-plated Chobert® fasteners are installed within nine months from the date they were produced.
The Chobert® speed fastener has a renowned history dating back to the 1930’s when it was used in the famous World War II Spitfire single-seat fighter planes. With easy installation and lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivet techniques, the Chobert® has remained a highly used speed fastener because it provides a consistent controlled clamp, and is ideal for soft or brittle materials.
Available in various finishes, including the hot-tin-dipped brass option for ease of soldering and good electrical continuity.
Placement occurs using a unique repetition mandrel system for high-speed assembly. The Chobert® can also be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.